Step by Step Video Tutorials on Java Frameworks

Step by Step Video Tutorials on Java Frameworks


The future of Learning is bright.

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 12:14 PM PST

There is a reason Movie stars make a lot more money than those in Theater. It is the same reason why we had software moguls like Bill Gates and Larry Ellison dominate the world's richest list for decades. You make it once and sell it multiple times unlike a car manufacturer who needs input of steel and labor for every car.

Great money attracts great talent. You may hate those on Wall Street, but having worked with them closely as a software developer, I can tell you those are the smartest people I have seen. They may screw up your money, but rarely themselves.
I believe most of the teachers, professors, trainers we come across are not good. The reason being the lack of monetary gain. You may be the best in your field, but you aren't becoming a millionaire teaching. The math works like the car manufacturer; you need to invest your time and resource every time to teach. Thankfully with the advent of digital age I believe this will change. Let's record the teacher and play it again and again.

I think a great training will foresee all questions and makes sure they are answered. Questions on alternatives and discussions can "Just be Googled"; every question has been asked and has been answered somewhere on the net and if not, ask it and it will be answered. This has a great advantage; you can get the best teachers from around the world, handling the subjects.
Flickr: US Army Corps
Think of all the teachers you had in school and college, you might have had just one or two who gave you a great experience. Imagine those kinds of teachers handling all your subjects. I believe Math is easy, but most children dread it because of the poor teachers. I still remember a day in eighth grade when I was dreading a Math test. I had failed the previous one and eighth grade math was getting too complex for me to handle. Out of desperation I approached my Dad who was pretty disappointed with my Math skills, but in a matter of few hours he trained me on all topics that were covered in the previous months. Needless to say, I scored a hundred the very next day. That single incident, proved to me one thing, that I am not stupid! (That was some relief) I have to be taught a certain way.

That incident may be the founding reason why I am a trainer today. I want to be my Dad to people like me. The ones who have a fine head, but need to be explained logically. That is the reason I made the now popular hibernate videos. Almost everyone who went through those videos, even if they had poor Java skills, where able to learn the Hibernate Framework.
I made the Java training videos at PatrickVideos.com for those who wrote to me and explained their difficulty in understanding Java. It is only 4 hrs long, but that is all is required to understand Java. Not those months of lectures. Once you have my foundation all the advanced topics will be easy.
Flickr: CECAR
I believe the future is going to be online learning. We will still have schools but they will be required as cheap babysitters. I think the future school teachers will act more like coordinators rather than teachers. The students will learn online sitting in their classrooms and they will have a choice of various teachers' prerecorded video presentations, depending on their style of learning. The colleges I believe will be more for internship.

We are not too far away from that future. TheNewBostonand KhanAcademy have trained more people than any teacher in history. I don't consider them the best, but they have sowed the seeds, the best are yet to come. The smartest brains follow the money.


Post a Comment